Monday, May 02, 2005

Porta Pottie Problems

Moments before Scotish Court was to start, Cabbage Patch announced that she needed to POTTY and since that potty incident the previous Friday had happened, I took her plea quite seriously. (that and I KNEW there was no place to procure fresh panties for her and she is not a child to go comando - much like her mother). An inquiry as to where the closest privvies were informed me that the closest ones were the *ahem* primatives and they were not far at all and CLEAN. As I didn't have the luxury to head all the way to the flushing toilets, we rushed to the porta-potties.

As promised, they were clean - no disgusting smell of urine, etc. as we approached. I herded the Little People to the large handicapped stall so we could all fit in there and that is where the problems began.

Cabbage Patch headed to the toilet and lifted the lid then announced she would NOT use that toilet. It being a well flush-less toilet, it had well unflushed paper and all in it. She found that unacceptable. And refused to use said toilet. Now... I have sympathy for the child. I absolutly despise using a public toilet let alone a porta-potty. BUT... she's 3 and there's NO way in heaven or hell that we would make it to the flushing toilets. Not a chance. Super Girl stood as far from the toilet as she could and declared that she didn't have to go with wide eyes. *sigh* Being the adult I had to take charge and MAKE Cabbage Patch go. She voiced her displeasure as I bared her bottom and placed it on the toilet seat - of which she just barely perched herself upon. But she went. And then declared that she would NOT use that toilet again. I whole heartedly agree. They may be 'CLEAN' but they were still repulsive. I think I may have to go for some kind of counseling for the next week or so - I had to use it also. Eeeek!

No comments: