Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Proudly Damaging My Childs Psychie Every Chance I Get

The following story is why I will never be voted Mother Of The Year and that is why I someday will be in a tower with a rifle aimed at Kathy Lee. Cabbage Patch regretably has inherited my bug-phobia. About the only BUGS she will touch are lady bugs and butterflies. Yesterday while walking home from the bus stop, Super Girl picked up a rolly polly and it was walking on her hand. Cabbage Patch was watching and ooohhh-ing. I took the bug from Super Girl and held it in my hand for a bit then in a moment of absolute insanity - I mean my brain was not fucking connected in any way at all - I flicked the rolly polly at Cabbage Patch who screamed like the little girl she is. And if THAT wern't enough - I LAUGHED! Then I had the thought that it probably WASN'T a GOOD idea to have done that nor to have LAUGHED. And I laughed again. Bad, bad, bad Judy.

Karma has a way of balancing out though. Today while while waiting for the bus this morning Cabbage Patch let out a blood curdling scream and came running to me - while still screaming. She pointed down to her foot and the only words I could make out were ANT and SHOE. I inspected her sandal and tried to inspect her toes for ants but that was neigh impossible as she had her toes curled so tightly I wish she had of had a lump of coal there to make a diamond. Her foot was literally curled in so tightly it only occupied half of her shoe. I inspected what I could and there was no ant - as I'm quite certain all the high pitched screeching had made the ant think twice and head for it's hill, all I found was a few specks of dirt and some grass. i did manage to calm her down and walk home, but I guess that was my payback for flicking that rolly polly at her. Bad me.

No comments: