Sunday, May 01, 2005

Scarby! Scarby! Scarby!

I'm so excited, I'm taking The Little People to Scarby today! Super Girl is about to pop she's so excited. I've decided to forgo wearing ship colors (green and black) and wear my garb that matches Super Girl's garb (luckily her dress from last year still fits as I made it a bit big, and a gypsy skirt and shirt from 2 years ago for Super Girl will fit Cabbage Patch). Matching mommy is a really big deal for Super Girl otherwise I would either have K lace me into my red corset and drive to faire like that or would bring the green and black to wear, but since it DOES make a difference to Super Girl, I will make sure we match.

This has been a good and busy weekend. Friday night I went to pick up my belt from Lerxst and also to have dinner with him and Sable. I totally owe Sable as the Tiny Terrorist fell madly in love with her and would not give her a moment's peace - I was so rude and let the kids mob her as I went to talk to Lerxst in the garage about GROMMETS of all things! Sheesh - I deserve a smack. My appologiex Sable, that was completly rude of me and I honestly don't do that normally... but BLACK GROMMETS! I NEED SOME! Sable was an angel and is a natural with kids, she's going to make such a good mom. I can so see her making sure her and her kids have matching garb and all. heh.

The dinner was great but the REAL fun happened BEFORE we even got there. Lerxst lives about 15 minutes drive from me, we had agreed that 7ish was a good time to show up. I left at 6:30 pm knowing I needed to pick up salad and desert as well as get gas in the car. A stop off to get gas was time consumeing to say the least. Just as I walk to the cashier to pre-pay my $20 he is walking out of the little bullet proof building telling me he'll 'be right back' as he goes to walk someone through how to use their store card on the pump. *sigh* He finally saunters back and I then PUMP and now it's time to get food. Into Tom Thumb we go. Tomatoes on sale, salad 2 for one, can't find THE delightful pie I want, then Cabbage Patch says that she needs to go POTTY. I say, hold it, we are almost done... my mistake. I finally chose a pie and rush over to the potty. Where she says that she doesn't have to go anymore. She wet her pants. *sigh*. We go check out and of course the line that I go into which is very short - well I discover why - the checker is PAINFULLY slow. Out of the grocery store, stuff in the trunk, where to get fresh clothes for Cabbage Patch. Right across the street is the answer - Target. $9.99 later with a pack of Tinkerbell panties and blue shorts in hand we head back to the car to change the wee one. We arrive at Lerxst at 7:39 pm. Never a dull moment.

Well back to work.

No comments: