Monday, August 27, 2007

Counting Cups…

And here I sit sipping coffee and using the free wi-fi at Café Brazil yet another night. Tonight I smartly left the family at Casa De Karmically Challenged so I could hog the Internet all to myself. This disconnection of Internet is quite troubling to me… or just proof that I’m addicted to it… and coffee.

And So It Begins

I spend all summer wishing the offspring back into school and then the first day of school starts and I’m in tears. This year K walked Super Girl to her class and I walked Cabbage Patch to hers. This is a good thing, I would have been blubbering like a baby if I had to take them both to class. I always cry when the first day of school happens though (and on the last day as well… but those are different tears). And yet I can’t help but feel a bit like an ass because I know others who this day is much harder for. You’ve been on my mind all day.

Moving On

This whole week has been emotional for me. I’m not much of a crier, D and I just weren’t raised to be emotional. I absolutely loath crying in front of people and actually see that as a sign of weakness… but enough about my damaged psyche… D left for Florida this past Saturday morning. She and Coco The Wonder Dog spent Friday night with me. Saturday morning after I had been at work for about an hour it hit me that my sister was leaving… for 6 months… the first time in almost 20 years my sister would be more than a 45 minute drive from me. Then the tears started and let me tell you, it’s hard to decorate cakes with tears blurring your vision. Actually it’s hard to type also, just writing about this has me in tears again. Sorry, can’t write anything funny about this, D’s the only family member I’m really close with and I’m really sad that she’s gone – even if it’s only for 6 months.

Luckily Saturday got really busy at the store and I worked for 11 hours then came home to collapse so I didn’t cry much after she stopped by the store to say a quick good bye.

Out of the Mouths of Babes

Tonight for some reason was Super Girl’s big night to bring up uncomfortable things for me. Right in the middle of making dinner she brought up K’s older brother whom I affectionately refer to as Dick Hole. I’m not sure why she brought that up since she only met him when she was 6 months old, but she kept on with the questioning of me despite me repeatedly telling her to ASK HER FATHER. Sheesh.

THEN as if that wasn’t enough she brought up my ex boyfriend and started asking questions about him and why I wasn’t with him anymore and how he was doing, that he was really nice and on and on… Sheesh… that kid has quite the memory. Luckily for me the ex boyfriends are few and far between.

Not Much Longer…

Luckily I won’t be internet-less for much longer. I really enjoy the coffee here but I wonder if the mass consumption in such a short span of time is causing me irreparable brain damage.

I promise I'll post some happy photos and non-depressing, Prozac inducing words as soon as my internet is back up.

No comments: