Thursday, September 19, 2002

Damn.. you will not even belive what happened to me yesterday... So I'm driving in yesterday, and I'm talking ot my husband as I drive... then... I hit a squirrel! WUMP... damn.. I can not belive I whacked a squirrel. DH just kind of sat there looking at me. And what did I do? I started laughing! Sheesh. I just kill a cute little animal and I laugh. Not an evil, menical laugh... "Bwhahahahahaha... I got you! You little bastard! HAHAHAHA!" No, not like that. But I did laugh. Let me explain part of what was funny (I know your thinking.. there's nothing funny about this at all.... but let me continue...) Last week we had been driving in the same area and I remembered something from a long long time ago about when my dh hit a bird while we were on vacation - and when that happened (he could not avoid it at all), it sort of happened like a cartoon - the bird hit the grill of the car and a plume of feathers sprayed up... then I would not let him stop the car for a while, I was afraid I'd see a bird plastered to the grill and I didn't want that. So I thought about that all of the sudden and started laughing. After a few minutes hubby said "You didn't even slow down.", but I did! I just didn't see the little fucker until he was right infront of the car! Apparently hubby SAW the little vermin charging across the 4 lanes of traffic and he THOUGHT I saw it also, but didn't say anything. Well I was looking at the traffic ahead of me and not watching the median for squirrels with bad judgement. OK, OK, I realize that I've probably just racked up some bad karma for that... a little for hitting the squirrel and a lot for the laughter... I have a lot of karma to burn off... anyway.. later... Hubby was being irritating, he put his head on my shoulder when we were sitting on the sofa and said he'd go to sleep there.. I told him he better not or I'd cause him physical harm, he made some smart comment, and I said "You better watch it, I whacked that squirrel today and he didn't do a damn thing to me." hehehe.... he laughed. Anyway, I do feel bad that I did that, but not to terribly bad (I've rationalized this out already..) I mean, I can't feel to bad for a critter who has the brain the size of a grape and can't figure out NOT to run into traffic, I'm imagining he just got added to the Darwin Awards in the squirrel world. OK, if you would like to tell me how awful of a person I am now, please feel free.. I do belive the comments are working.

Last night we watched 4 weddings and a funeral. I have mixed feelings on that movie. I enjoyed the comedy of it, and I even enjoyed Hugh Grant's character (which is a surprise since I generally don't like the characters he plays) and I loved seeing so many Brit comedy regulars with parts in the movie, but I thought Andie McDowell did a horrible job - her acting was so stiff. I was disapointed that Rowan Atkins didn't get a bigger part also. And I really did not like Andie McDowell's character at all.. she really screwed up this guy and she KNEW she was doing it. But the other characters and events in the movie made it completly enjoyable... Andie McDowell's character could eaisly be ignored for most of the movie, since the other characters were so charming and funny. And.. what she pregnant when she did this movie? I wonder because she looked bigger than normal in the wedding dress, then she wore this horrible shapeless gray trench coat thing to mess up Hugh Grant's wedding. eh, who knows...

Anyway.. I have to go, have to get my house cleaning done.

No comments: