Sunday, September 15, 2002

whew.. it has been a busy week. Just when I thought work was calming down, it got all busy again. But in a good way. My Friday at Hell Hospital (that's my special name for this hospital, it's generally hell to work at - very disorganized) went surprisingly well. I got there at 8:30 am like my manager wanted me to, and went to HR to get my badge (apparently I could work on the weekends without a picture badge but not on the weekdays). HR had no paper work for me, so no badge. *sheesh* So I go back to the lobby and wait for my manager to meet me at 9 am (which I do not know why she needed to come to the hospital with me, I've worked it before... but I guess it was a good thing yesterday). She shows up and I tell her the situation, she calls who ever is in charge of these things, then we head over to HR again, by the time we get there - about 10 minutes to walk from one building to the other - they have the paper work and I get my badge (it was a good hair day, so good pic hehehe). Charlotte get's a new badge and the HR guy and her are talking talking talking (Charlotte talks way to much... she's very nice and very business like, but she does like to talk... all our staff meetings run long...), the guy is in awe because we are baby photographers (eyes rolling up in head) and how do we get the pictures, yadda, yadda, yadda... Charlotte him how it's mostly luck, sometimes you get lucky and get a cataloge quality picture, but that's rare, yadda, yadda, yadda... She finally shuts up and we head back to the other building. OK, it was pretty humid Friday, but not really all that hot - maybe 88. Charlotte did not like having to walk from one building to the other, she was trying to figure how to use the link between the buildings... and I told her that, yes they do connect but it would take longer to figure that out. She asks the security person who is on a golf cart about it, and he tells her the same thing, then offers us a ride. *sheesh* Of course she takes it! It would have taken us less time to walk it than to get this old guy to take us to the other building. This was starting to really irritate me, she walks slow as it is. Well of course she get's into a conversation with the security guy. So we get to the building and I have to stand there waiting for her to shut the hell up so we can go to the nursery. As we go up, she informs me that I am in violation of the dress code by having my hair down. (personally I think this is just a plot by short haired women who are jealous of my lovely waist length tresses.. hehehehe... let me live in my little fantasy here...), then asks me if I have a smock (we are supposed to wear these rather ugly blue smocks), I lie and say no (I was actually thinking .... I can't remember where I stuffed that thing...), but that's partially because my last manager ordered the wrong size for me even though I told her that I needed a larger size. Well whatever, if she wants me to have another one, she can order me one... not that I'll wear it... but she can order me one. So up on the floor, before we even get to the nursery one of the nurses tells us that there is a couple who are getting ready to go home and they want the picture done, they are in the nursery NOW. So in we go, I start gathering my forms and stuff... Get this couple take care of. Charlotte is sort of hanging around.. I don't think she believed me when I said that I had worked the hospital before and knew how to do it. Anyway, I get the baby in the cart and start taking pictures while she is still kind of standing around. Friday must have been my LUCKY day because this baby took absolutly perfect pictures, the parents were thrilled. Charlotte was impressed - she even took the proof sheet to show someone... hehehe... Then she offers me a different hospital to work on Saturday and Sunday - instead of the one I currently have as my third hospital, I'd get one that is much busier and closer to my home. OK, sounds good to me. She'll call me sometime this week to let me know if the switch will happen. So I had 25 babies on my list Friday! Took 11 pictures, 7 orders ($428!). It was a great day and it went very smoothly. Only one customer had crappy pictures. A set of twins that were leaving NICU. The one baby would not wake up and got really fussy. The nurse there was being a DICK. He had called for me to come get the pictures, but he was rushing this couple to get the hell out. Kept asking them if they were going to start taking things down. So the dad was getting uptight, and the baby was getting pretty fussy. I was irritated by all this. Twins are almost always a guarantee sale. We give twin parents a free package of pictures for one baby - so if they order the $33 package for one then we give them a $33 package for the other. They almost always want a picture of the babies together also, so that's good for another sale. Well these pictures were utter crap, so no sale. Damn. Anyway - Hell Hospital turned out to be very pleasant - 7.5 hours of work though!

Anyway... enough work talk.. I do love my job, but enough of that.

I've been painting the other side of that stool. I'm very irritated, I need to get more paint. I have a big bag full of paints, but I can not find it. I think my dh may have inadvertently put it somewhere and have forgotten it. I'm putting the Frog Prince and the Princess on the other side. It's very cute. I have most of the Frog Prince done, and part of the princess' face but I need more paint for her hair. I'd take a picture but it looks kind of funny right now.

Well I should go now...

No comments: