Sunday, March 02, 2003

Busy Weekend

I have been busting ass at work - which is good. I need the money. After hubby get's laid off this Friday, I'll be picking up more hours at work until he gets a job. I'll miss being with my kids, but having a job I love so much will make it a little better. I'll hate having to come home and clean house - hubby is a slob and not very good at keeping the little people from making huge messes. *sigh* Gotta do what you gotta do though.

Military Thoughts
I just got word that my cousin has been activated and will report for duty March 11th. *sigh* The good thing is that he will most likely stay stateside - he does training.

A friend from another weblog is probably going to be activated very soon also.

Everyone, keep our troops in your thoughts and prayers (regardless of your stand on the politics).

Strength and Resolve
I've been thinking about my sister a lot today. I'm in awe of how she is handle the is situation with her husband. Not that I'm surprised that she's not hysterical, but because I know she's such a strong willed individual that she CAN handle this. Our family for some fucked up reason doesn't give her the credit she deserves. She handles these situations better than most people. Definitly better than I do. When our mother was diagnosed with cancer, I fell apart, eventhough I KNEW she had it - I was in shock that it had spread so much. D, took it very stoicly, listened carefully, asked questions. She comforted me. She pushed mom into looking for treatment options. She was a driving force. For some reason our disfunctional family acts like D falls apart when any medical crisis happens like that. She doesn't, she never has, doubt she ever will. That's me. I do get very emotional when first faced with something like a possible terminal illness... I guess it's my sense of helplessness. I'm great in an actual crisis that needs imediate attention, just not so good in the other. Right now I feel very helpless knowing that there really is not anything for me to do but pray.

D- you amaze me with your strength. Don't forget that I'm here for you... for whatever you need.

No comments: