Thursday, March 06, 2003

Waffling About Breakfast

I don't really do breakfast. I used to... but nothing fancy, just cereal with a bananna and milk. I don't do that anymore, somthing about throwing that up while pregnant turned me off to that. Sometimes I'll eat cereal, but not often. Oatmeal, I like oatmeal, but only the way I cook it and with butter and honey or brown sugar. I'm not really big on breakfast foods - donuts are ok, but I don't really want them more than once or twice a year... and I really like them more for a snack than for breakfast. I do like eggs, just scrambled and hard boiled and the occasional omlet. I don't really like sweet pasteries or pop tarts much, and I don't like fruit all that much either - mellons are gross, oranges are too acidic, banannas only occasionally, berries are fine, but hard to get good ones at the store... anyway... I do like waffles. No, no, no... I LOVE waffles. My kids love waffles also. So I have no problems with making waffles for them most days. I have a waffle iron and a favorite recipe. I love to make waffles. And I LOVE to eat them. My favorite is a nice hot waffle with lots of butter and just a touch of syrup or honey - not much syrup though, even no syrup just butter. mmmmm... love them. Anyway my oldest wanted waffles this morning, but I gave up extra carbs for lent... so I knew I could NOT make waffles and only eat one. Hmmm... what to do... so I convince her that pancakes are a good alternative - and I put raisins in them - I don't like cooked raisins - so I wouldn't eat them. The funny thing is, the pancake recipe is almost the same as the waffle recipe, but the kids didn't eat as much of them. Waffles, they always finish completly, but these pancakes, they only ate half of (but Dusty, hubby's cat loved them). hehehehe... funny thing is that I don't like pancakes as much as waffles. maybe it's genetic.

No comments: