Thursday, April 10, 2003

5 Weeks Of Nothing...

My husband is about to finish his 5th week of unemployment and no prospects in sight. I'm nervous. He does get unemployment benefits and I have started picking up extra days at work, but even with that our take home is still dreadfully short of what he was making. Not that he was making mega bucks but my job doesn't make much at all. I'm nervous and getting angry. It doesn't seem to me that he has been doing much to find a job. He didn't even get a news paper this week, and I don't know if he sent out resume's last week like I told him to. I'm very frustrated. When I was without work (this was before I was laid off from Nortel - when I got laid off from them, my plan was to stay home with my kids, so I wasn't looking then) I had the news paper every week, and every Monday I would mail off handfulls of resumes. I'd spend time calling and setting up appointments for interviews and I'd call head hunters and agencies. I don't see him doing any of this. I think maybe a few days in the beginning I saw him actively looking, but I haven't recently. Soon his severance will run out and there's no job prospect for him - that scares the hell out of me. I don't know if he's in denial about all this or if he just doesn't want to look. *sigh* I wonder if I was just being to opimistic by thinking he would have no problems finding a job. *sigh*

No comments: