Friday, April 11, 2003

The Crime Of Tardiness

I find excessive lateness in social situations to be a very annoying quality. If someone is waiting for you, you should make every effort to be on time. I also find excessive tardiness in business situations to be unforgivable. If I show up for say an interview that is scheduled for 2 pm, I expect to be in with the interviewer no later than 2:15 pm or 2:20 pm and I definitly expect to be acknowledge well before then. I bring this up because someone was supposed to be here at 10:30 am. It's almost 11:30 am and this person is NOT here and has not called. This is not a social call, this is a compliance issue am being ordered to do. Fine, no problem. I've made myself available for this person. But she's late, excessively so. And this is throwing off my schedule quite a bit. I've made cookies with the little people but I still need to finish my laundry, a chore I am putting off until she leaves. It's getting close to the little people's nap time as well... that is something I really do not want to push back at all. *sigh* so here I am, in a quandry as to what to do... soon I will need to make lunch for the little people and I hesitate to do so, as I don't want to have lunch mess around when she shows up. Anyway, I'm irritated by all of this. And not even a phone call to say that she would be late. Some people have no regard for others.

No comments: