Monday, April 21, 2003

Riding A Burrito...

Today after fixing the sink (more on that in a bit), as a reward for my exquisite plumbing skills we headed off to Chipotle for lunch. Hubby had mentioned how he was curious to try it, and I was hungry so we grabbed the kids and headed off. It wasn't what I expected it to be. I thought it would be a typical Tex-Mex restraunt. But it wasn't exactly. They only make Tacos and Burritos, and you can get them any way you want. With pork, spicy beef, grilled chicken or vegitarian. You can get your burrito regular or in a bowl, with rice or with lettuce. And you can get chips also, with salsa or with guacamole. I seated the little people at the table while hubby stood in line, I told him I wanted the burrito in a bowl (I just couldn't order a regular burrito after that billboard... too many unacceptable images came to mind) - wanted lettuce not rice, and make it beef. Get tacos for the little people. So hubby shows up with my food, burrito in a bowl - chicken not beef, rice not lettuce - but it was good. Super Girl was having an attack of brat-itis. she would not eat her lunch (it didn't come on a bun, have a side of fries or a toy and wasn't served at a place with a playground attached - it wasn't food to her), Cabbage Patch ate some of her chicken taco, but she wasn't feeling well - she has mommy's SARS, poor baby. Hubby was brave and rode the burrito (yeah, right there in public even! Damn! Gay men will do anything won't they!) He had the beef - medium spicy. he said it was really good, but spicier then he expected. So, all in all the grown ups rated the place highly and the kids were unempressed. ;o)

No comments: