Sunday, March 23, 2008

Chocolate Bunny Day!

Except... there are no chocolate bunnies here! WHAT? I don't get a chocolate bunny today?!?!?!?! It's because I'm Jewish right? That is so wrong! We Jew's like chocolates too! I don't even care what shape they are. That's fine, that's fine, the Christians can hoard their chocolate bunnies, I know that next month is Passover and we'll just hoard all the matzah! Oh... you don't want any.... well okay, go back to your chocolate bunnies and Easter ham then.

Since I have a lovely day off as the store is closed to allow us 'to worship with our families', I've made MUFFINS! Because who doesn't feel a tad reverent at the sight of a hot fresh plate full of pious blueberry muffins? Can I get an A-MEN?!

Don't dog me about how beat up my pan looks, it was my mothers, which doesn't make it sanctified or anything, it just means it's older than dirt.

And on a more serious note, I wish all of you (who celebrate it) an amazing Easter and that it's more than just baskets of chocolate bunnies and colored eggs, that you do feel the joy and happiness from the gift that your savior gave you. (Don't give me that funny look, I taught Sunday School for 9 years, I know the story.) Happy Easter all of you.

No comments: