Tuesday, August 27, 2002

Ah... yet another moment to slip away and babble on about something bizarre or oddly fasinating to me. Today.... it's SANDALS! My sandals to be exact. My favorite sandals to be Very exact... well that's not quite so accurate now. I looked down at my sandals... formerly my favorite sandals... and I thought "I'm tired of these things..." I can not believe that. I do love them... but.... I need something else... they just aren't doing it for me any more.... I bought these while I was pregnant last year... last May to be exact... Now... I think our relationship has faded... I'm not so excited about them any more... I'm.... well... breaking up with my sandals... This truly is a sad day. No matter how much I love them, I know they just don't hold that excitement for me anymore. I don't look down at my feet, resting comfortably in the little black straps and think "Hey, thoes look nice." And I'm at a stage in the season where it's just not possible to go out and find another pair of sandals... the season is OVER.... and sadly here in this particular spot of the country, the season of FALL does not arbitarily start in September.. we MAY call it fall and even try to convince ourselves that it is FALL but the fact still remains that the temperatures are still blazing hot and it will be MONTHS before people here even consider putting on anything that even remotly resembles a wollen sweater or parka... hell I don't even think they sell parkas here.. who would buy them? Anyway... I feel bad for my black sandals... I feel like they've been there for me and I just want to shove them away, for something younger and cutier... I'll have to hide them in my closet... I don't think I can wear new shoes in front of them.. that just might be cruel. I feel disapointed in myself for this somehow.. the last pair of sandals I had, that relationship lasted for a few seasons... I didn't get tired of them so much as they got tired of me. It took me a couple of years to find something to replace them with.. and now.. two seasons later.. I'm ready to relegate them to the closet. I know.. you all think I'm insane, and making way to much out of a pair of sandals.. but I have a deep love... no, no... wrong word.. obsession with shoes... And when I find a pair that I LOVE LOVE LOVE.. I will keep them forever if possible. Don't even get me started on the RED SHOES... *sniff* *sniff* God rest their leathery soles... (they were shot down in their prime.. well before boredome set in by me). I have a delightful pair of leopard print pumps that I could not care less if they go out of style or not, I'll wear them as often as I can (as long as I have a coordinating outfit that accentuates thoes lovely shoes) ... and my fuzzy cow print clogs... I pray for cooler days so I can wear thoes until people are sick of seeing them on my hooves... Or the new addition from last year of my beautiful riding boots... OK, I'm insane, I have a special relationship with all of my shoes.. I perfer ecentric ;o) But somehow talking about all the other fabulous shoes (and by no means have I even come close to ALL of the shoes in my closet) I feel better. I realize that I have several other wonderful pairs of shoes to wear.. and buy for that matter! and that maybe next summer, these cute black sandals will once more delight me. Maybe... if not.. there's always a trip to the shoe store to fix that!

hehe... ya know, this is kind of funny... although I do love shoes, a lot! I honestly don't wear shoes that often.. most days you'll find me barefoot at home. ;o) Yeah I am crazy.

No comments: