Saturday, August 31, 2002

hehehe... Damn A you crack me up so much.. your nightgown. HAHAHAHA! Ya know what's funny? I think we had a similar converstation a few years ago at Nortel while we were avoiding work but trying to look busy anyway - which never really worked if I was in your cube as I did not work for the same department as you did, so it was glaringly obvious that at least one of us was screwing off and probably both of us from the frequency of which the burst of laughter were coming from our direction... Ahhh thoes were the days... a boreing, dead end job with a huge company that treated you mostly like a number, bosses who pretended that they were important and didn't treat you like a number (which they always did) just because they occasionally threw you an incentive gift of some sort and the company of others who shared our fate in the corporate rat maze we called work... ;o)

About chinese food... yesterday we were on our way home after an eternally long day - this whole week has been very very long for me... very busy.. but I think things may start to slow down soon - anyway - we stopped off at Walmart to get some necessary things (shoes and stuff) and decided to celebrate my husbands raise that just showed up on his paycheck by having Chinese for dinner. Back in our pre-parent days, we would go to this place near his work called Rice Box. It was yummy, and relativly cheap - has a Family dinner for $12 for two (actually can feed 4 people), and that's really where I wanted to go (even said so when we first decided to have chinese) but we were out of the area. So I pull into the first shopping center we come to (as there is always a Chinese place in every thriving shopping center - it's an unwritten law.. just like the how the people in the kitchen are always hispanic and the person taking your order speaks with a very thick Chinese accent). We see Rice WorX and start making jokes that it's a rival of Rice Box, when we walk into this place, it's an identical copy of Rice Box which sends us into stifled giggles - the menu is even the same. Anyway.. now that I write about it, it's incredibly stupid, but we were laughing about this for quite a while. I ordered Garlic Chicken - no onions. My goodness! That was soooo spicy! My eyes were watering, my nose was running, my face was turning red, my tongue was on fire.. I literally felt that if I breathed near an open flame my mouth would combust. But DAMN! It was good! Today of course when I weighed myself at the hospital I was a whole pound heavier! Sheesh! gotta hate that watter retention! But it was soooo good. Ok, enough about my Food-gasim.

*funny note - my husband just noticed that Spike needed water in his tank, I told him to pour more in... well he just over filled the tank. hehehehe... that man.. he can fix my computer when he's half asleep but he over fills my fish tank. hehehehe... gotta love him.*

Ok, I stole this off A's blog... Yeah I know... I'm always stealing things off other people's blogs... I guess I need some inspiration as of late..

1. What's your favorite piece of clothing that you currently own?
Hmmm... that's a good one.. I have sooo much clothes and many of them are my favorites at different times... I'd have to say my blue silk dress. I love silk... although I almost bought some animal print capris yesterday for $20 - they were on sale and oh so cool... I am now wishing I had bought them... *sigh* then they would be my favorite...

2. What piece of clothing do you most want to acquire?
Animal print capris! HAHAHA... no no... sued (can't spell that!) black skirt I saw yesterday.. no brown... no khaki green... no black... or the black pants... no no the incredible white silk wrap top (also on sale)... no the black and white shirt... hmmm.. no maybe the black lace wrap top... hmmm.. better go on to the next... this could take a while...

3. What piece of clothing can you not bring yourself to get rid of? Why?
My white linnen dress - it's 2 sizes to big, but I do love it.. so comfee!

4. What piece of clothing do you look your best in?
My blue silk dress

5. What has been your biggest fashion accident?
Oh gosh... I try to block out thoes incidents! Probably most things back in the 80's... I plead ignorance to fashion.. I was just a teenager! Hmmm would have to be the layered, kind of homeless look I took on after high school. Leggings or long john's, shorts over them (loud and obnoxious ones at that) Long sleeved T or long john shirt, big T over that... I was just a mass of layers of patterns and logos... It's frightening to think back to that...

Well I better get going, must do that grocery shopping now before hubby get's to wrapped up in this Star Trek Movie (that he's seen SEVERAL times...)..

Live long and prosper...;o)

No comments: