Tuesday, November 19, 2002

A - been reading about your little man being sick, that sucks so much. The thing with the medicine is strange, and for this reason. While I was pregnant the last time, my oldest had a nasty cold and got a fever and all. I was giving her medicine for it, which she would take just fine. I thought it would be eaiser if I got some of the Triaminic chewables for her. Not so, as soon as I gave her that, she would not take any other medicine at all. I could not figure it out. I thought the Triaminic would taste better - I got the cherry flavor - so I tried one and it tasted ok, but then had a nasty after taste. From then on I had to sneak her medicine in to juice, Coke, chocolate milk... just whatever she would drink so that she would take the medicine. Months later, when the baby had to have some medicine, the oldest would take the medicine again (she wanted it at that point.. jealousy is a strange thing in kids)... but it wasn't Triaminic, it was some other stuff. Anyway - hope he get's better soon!

Well I spoke with my sister this morning, she said the Dr. told my grandmother that it's a 50% chance that it is breast cancer. My grandmother said that if it does turn out to be breast cancer, that the Dr. is to do a mastectomy right then. I can understand that. I'm glad my sister will be with her while this is happening. I know I don't want to be there... and not just because I'm avoiding my grandmother.. I just don't want to be there if she gets the news that it is cancer. I know that sounds selfish, and maybe it is... but I was there when we got the news with my mother. I was devistated, I totally broke down. I had expected it to be breast cancer, but when the Dr. told us that it had spread to her liver and her lungs I just couldn't handle it. So... I don't want to be there if the news is worse than expected. I fear that I would not be any help at all, I know my sister will be.

All this talk about my grandmother probably having cancer has gotten me thinking about my own health. I'm in good health now, but I could stand to make some changes... like not eating so much junk food... and loosing some weight... getting more exercise (I haven't been to the gym in a few weeks...bad me). Well I better wrap this up.. it's time to rinse my hair.

No comments: