Monday, November 18, 2002

whew... what a weekend! I worked as usual, and it was a really good weekend at all my hospitals. Friday night I burned dinner (I didn't think that was possible in a crock pot) so we went out to this little German restaraunt near us. Hubby got a big thing of beer and proceded to get tipsy. HAHAHAHA! Apparently this little restaraunt is where all the local old people go to have a night out. The median age in the restaraunt was 65!! It was a trip, there was this table of older people next to us, but they were all dressed really nice.. one of the men had on leather pants! that about cracked me up! but they were all older, one guy had his oxygen tank with him - no shit, he really did. It was funny, and sort of cute to see this group together. The food was great, hubby was amuseing. Saturday night hubby and I went with a couple of friends to the Improve to see a stage hypnotist. It was a blast. I went up on stage as well as our friend R. It was sooo damn much fun. The weather has finally gotten consistentally cool at night, so I decided to wear my boots on Saturday night. As we were leaving it was to nippy to go with out a jacket and to warm for my coat (heavy leather coat) so I dashed to my closet and started digging through stuff, I grabbed this one suede jacket and pulled it out - out fell this brown skirt I've been trying to find for the past 4 months! So... I changed clothes... hehehe... It only took 3 minutes to change from the black skirt and red shirt to the brown skirt and leopard print silk shirt. Hubby was impressed. I looked hot.

Yesterday we didn't do anything, hubby started getting a migraine. Poor guy.

*sigh* I know I'm not making a whole hell of a lot of interesting conversation right now. I just got news from my sister that my grandmother may have breast cancer. She was scheduled for some test today - a needle biopsy for some lumps, but they could not do it, so she's scheduled for a regular biopsy this Friday. My sister said there are several lumps that showed up in the mamogram. *sigh* This is weighing on my mind quite a bit. My mother died from breast cancer 6 years ago. 10 years ago this month she was diagnosed... so this is just an ominous coincidence. My sister is pretty sure it is cancer, but my grandmother is totally convinced it is not.... which is not good. She's not leaving herself any room for the chance it is and that could be such a shock for her. She's 71 and her health has been pretty good for the most part. In the past for or so months she's been diagnosed with diabetis and had to have angioplasty to remove a blockage, but she's been pretty much fine after that. Still.. I worry... Cancer took my mother, I don't really want to loose my grandmother to it... even though we don't always get along that well. *sigh* not much I can do except pray.. it's in God's hands now.

No comments: