Thursday, November 07, 2002

I finally did it.. I broke down and got a library card from my local library today. I also checked out that book I've been reading at the other library - The Regulators by Richard Bachman (Steven King). I just finished it. It's a creepy book, but I enjoyed it. Very bloody. I also checked out Jonathan Living Seagull by Richard Bach (was suggested by a friend), The Twelve Dancing Princesses (for inspiration for the painting), and three books of flowers (for the painting), by that time my arms were full from all the books, I was only in the library maybe 30 minutes. It's kind of funny, they have a section of video tapes and DVD's you can rent, hehehehehe... the DVD section had maybe 10 in there... and nothing anyone would want to watch! HAHAHAHAHA! I was surprised that it didn't have more books, the library is fairly new - I think it was completed less than a year ago. But I guess a library is never built with the intentions of just housing the books it has, it's got to have some room to grow. The children's section is really nice though. I think I'll be spending lots of time at this library... I'm embarassed that I've never ventured out to the library and I've lived here for almost 4 years.

A - I'm no closer to finding out about that painting now that I was yesterday, I've had absolutly no time to do anymore research today on the subject and likely won't get any time tomorrow either... but I'm determined to find out who painted it. I ALMOST checked out a huge book on paintings but my arms were already loaded down with books, I doubt I could have carried anymore.

Tomorrow I have a job interview.. it's for the job that's a bit of a drive from here.. but it makes more money than this photography gig and has more guaranteed hours, so I'd be stupid to turn it down. It's just part time, but the opportunity to work more hours when needed (of if wanted) and the job is a complete breeze... to the point of being boreing.. which sucks, but more money is good, and I can be on the computer while I'm there.. so I may be doing quite a bit of blogging... etc. when I'm working from now on. HAHAHAHAHAHA!.. That and reading... drawing... hehehe.. doesn't matter to me.. I'll be getting paid for it. It will be kind of sad to give up the photography, but recently I've gotten tired of some of the crap related to the job.. not the actual job, just the other stuff.. like the suck ass pay... the paper work... and how other people conduct themselves on the job and how it affects my work load. The job I like, this shit I don't.. and don't get paid enough to do it either.

Tomorrow I have to go to have a blood test before I head off to work.. I told my Dr. that my grandmother had recently been diagnosed with diabetis and she asked if I wanted to be tested, of course I said yes.. this is a fasting blood test, no food or drink from I think midnight until the test. I had desert tonight ... about 9:30 or so.. I hope that doesn't affect the test adversly... probably won't but I thought about that AFTER I had the cake. Doh!

OH, and get this.. Today I get a notice on my door .. an eviction notice saying we hadn't paid our rent and had 3 days to get out. Well.. I know we paid. I remember hubby taking the rent check to them. He says the check has already cleared our bank and tells me how to get a copy of the actual check so I can print it out and take it to the office. I do, it turns out that hubby had accidentally written the wrong apartment number on the notes section of the check - our rent is 913, our apartment is 917, he wrote 913 for our apartment number. So we go in, she checks (like this was a lie or something) and sees what happens, then says that she will talk to the manager about not charging us late charges since it was just a mix up. WTF? Late charges? Why the hell would I have to pay late charges? My rent was IN on the 2nd. It was an honest mistake.

Well I should head off to bed...

No comments: