Tuesday, November 05, 2002

Shoot. I really should be working on finishing up that painting. But I've been sitting here playing games. Bad Judy. I need to look up some pictures of water lilies to finish my painting, and I have, it's just that I need to do some sketches of the flowers and I hate sitting here at the computer trying to sketch something.. it's not very comfortable. So I either need to print out the pictures to sketch from, which looses it's delicate colors.. which I need.. or I need to go get some books from the library.. I need to break down and go get the library card. I still am not liking the painting of the princess from The Frog Prince side, but so many people said that they did like it, I can't paint over it. I didn't think out my background and surroundings when I did the princess, so now I'm kind of deadlocked with what to do. I don't want to mess up the painting of her but I need to add some stuff to the picture so it's not just all princess and frog. I should have done more sketches before I started painting. Rapunzel looks good because I did a complete sketch before I started painting. And then theres the top of the stool. I was thinking about putting Sleeping Beauty on that part.. but I don't know. I have an image of how I want that to look, but I'm not sure I can make it happen. I've never painted clothing so this might be tricky. I might do Cinderella.... same issues though... But I think I really want to do another lesser known fairy tale princess. The little Mermaid is a thought (mostly because that's my favorite fairy tale from my childhood). If anyone has a fairy tale to suggest, I'm open to it. Just leave a comment.

No comments: