Tuesday, November 05, 2002

Today is election day... I have to go vote...I don't WANT to go vote... but I am going to. My husband has allready reminded me to go vote. The reason I don't really want to vote, is that I don't know jack about the people up for election. In my district it's almost pointless to vote, most of those up for election are running unopposed. And the governers race... well I don't even know shit about the person running against Rick Perry. The only adds I have hear from his opponent can pretty much be summed up "We didn't elect him (meaning Perry), we don't have to keep him." hmmm... ok... no word on his political standings or anything... Yeah, right... It's not that Perry has done a bad job here in Texas... he just hasn't really done anything really. Nothing note worthy. But he also hasn't screwed up anything either (as many of our past governers have!). He has experience in the governers office as Lt. Gov. under Bush... and I honestly don't remember them clashing on issues. So.. I don't know how I'm going to vote. I don't really have a strong feeling for anyone. Maybe I'll just vote straight ticket.... save myself the time of punching all the little chads... wouldn't want to accidentally vote for the wrong person... people would think I was a Democrat. ;o)

Well dang it.. Here I am breaking my rule of no political discussions on my blog. hmmm... bad me. Oh well.. I need to find out where to go vote.

No comments: