Monday, December 02, 2002

Ahhhh now I will do the MONDAY MISSION Thanks to PromoGuy

1. Suppose God (or your deity of choice) grants you one miracle. Consider the world in which we live. Consider your life and family. What would you request for this miracle? Are you sure that is the best way to use it? You only get one.
Hmmm... probably a cure for all diseases...

2. I believe that prayers do get answered, but I realize not everyone agrees. Have you ever had an experience where you truly believe your prayer was answered? If you don't believe in such things, how come? What is your philosophy on prayer?
Hmmm... I have, I do believe and I do pray... not going to elaborate... religious discussions can get uglier than a political race in Texas.

3. Have you ever lost a pet? That is, have you ever had a pet get loose, run away or be stolen? Did you get it back? How did the loss impact your life?
Oh gosh yes... I've lost many many pets... *sniff* My first cat Smoky darted out of the car when we were moving across state, my next pet was a puppy who got parvo and died, another cat named Smoky (I like gray cats) but my idiot uncle made us keep the kittens outside and someone took him.. never got him back and I was heart broken, then a cat named Gremlin (he was soooo cute) he got killed by some animal, then a cat named Groucho - had to let my grandmother keep him since we couldn't have a cat... she made him insane and he eventually ran his crazy ass away, a parrot Chester the Molester - he was far to mean to keep... bit everyone except me... sold him for $50, and finally the greatest cat/demon to ever live... my dearest companion Sinnamon, the powerful, evil and slightly fat and lazy orange tabby who was struck down in her 8th year by a horrible vet accident (they killed her... the bastards) - I was heart broken for a long time... then the current cats - Sunshine (my cat) and Dusty (hubby's)... we had to shuffle them off to a friends for a couple months when we moved, but they are home again and going no where. In the span of the current cats, we've had Ghengis the bunny, he died suddenly after our apartment was sprayed... *sniff* he was a good bun-bun... then Sven the huge (he was just over 20 lbs), he died.... delicate digestive system... *sigh* And of course my other dog... Foxy... I took her to the pound when we moved... and I have a little bit of guilt for that... not for getting rid of her, I didn't like her much, but for taking her to the pound... and for what probably happened to her *cringe* ... and... Spike the killer gold fish.. have him now...
That's it, that's all of my pets... aren't you sorry you asked! hehehehe...

4. Getting together with family at the holidays is great, I just love it. Most of all I love the food. What is your favorite holiday food?
Hmmmm... I really don't like much holiday food.. I'm so damn'd picky... I don't like turkey that much, stuffing is gross, the green bean casserole is vile, ham is not my favorite, pumpkin pie is not that great.. not bad but I don't really like pie much, I don't much like sweetened yams, cranberry sauce (from the can) is just disgusting (I like fresh cranberry relish that I make)... so I guess I really like the dinner rolls, mashed potatoes and gravy...

5. One thing I've noticed about the holidays is that no one makes Pumpkin Pie like my Grandmother. She has totally spoiled me on her recipe, I just don't like the taste of anyone else's Pumpkin Pie. Are there are dishes or desserts that someone in your family fixes better than anyone else?
hmmm.. considering my comment above... um... no. I cook better than most of my family. I don't trust most of them to cook something that I really want to eat. My aunt is a great cook though... she makes these nummy lemon squares... haven't had them in years though...

6. Do you have any siblings with children? How does it make you feel to be an Aunt or an Uncle? If not, would you like to be have nieces and nephews? Would you make a good relative to them?yup. My oldest sister has 9 kids, I only know 2 of them, my older sister has a 17 year old son who I love very much, my brother has no kids, my youngest half/sister has 3 kids... my brother in law and sister in law has a son who turns 3 the end of this month, he adores me and I love him dearly. I'm a good relative to all of my neices and nephews (that I know that is...)

7. I am putting together a CD of great holiday music. Do you have any suggestions of what songs (title/artist) I should include?
Aaron Nevil has some wonderful holiday music.

BONUS: How would you feel knowin' prejudice was obsolete and all mankind danced to the same beat?
Wooohoo! let's all head to the clubs and dance together!

Today's Comment Question: Did you see Titanic? Did Rose die at the end or was she just sleeping? I say she was just asleep and dreaming.
Dear God - she's dead. Just like I was wishing to be through out most of that horrible movie. I hate Titanic, she's dead, they are all dead, those who nominated it for awards are brain dead... hell if I ever plan to commit suicide I'll rent that awful movie and watch it over and over... that will surely kill me.

No comments: