Sunday, December 01, 2002

Let Them Eat Cake...

A funny thing happend tonight... I'm going to tell the whole story, so if you just want the funny part, skip right to the end of this paragraph. Hubby got a call from an old friend we haven't heard from in months and months and months. He goes to pick him up at 6 PM so we can all have dinner together then watch a movie or play a game or something. I'm excited. About 7 PM I get a call from SAMS, it's my hubby, he got a flat (I've been telling him to watch that back tire) and he needs me to bring his daytimer to him because the SAMS card is in there. So I put on some pants and rush off to meet hubby. I get to SAMS and they are waiting out front. We go in and he talks to the automotive center, I go off to procure dinner with our friend. We get a big pizza, some cokes and a sinful looking chocolate bunt cake. The car is ready pretty quick and we get the food. All the food get's loaded into my trunk. When I get to the townhouse I open the trunk to see the cake on it's side. YIKES! I pick it up and it looks fine - I think "Whew! At least it's not all broke apart!" and get the pizza and two bottles of coke. I get to the door and unlock it, start in the door, bump the pizza box on the door frame, knock the cake off the pizza box and it smacks upside down on the floor! I flip it over and... amazingly it's still whole! HAHAHAHAHA! It was a good cake though.

Ok... that wasn't as funny in writing as it was to actually see... oh well.. I'm a dork.

No comments: