Monday, December 16, 2002

Monday, Monday, Monday... at least the weekend is over...

Gosh a lot has happened since my last post... I'm going to go in order of what happened... that will make it less of a mess for you to read.

Friday the 13th

I go into work and find that the camera is disassembled with a note that it’s broken…. OK…. I look through the paper work for the week and see that the camera broke on Wednesday… so… why didn’t someone call me Thursday and tell me the camera was broken? I call my manager to find out what’s up. She tells me that a replacement part has been overnighted to the hospital and should be delivered to me soon. I call shipping and get the box brought up. Then I replace the part… oh so much fun…. All that took an hour to get done and I have 30 babies on my list since there were no pictures taken since mid day Wednesday…. *sigh* Fine, fine… I get finished up at 3:30 PM and head home so I can get a nap before getting ready for hubby’s Christmas party. At 6 PM I call my manager and leave a message that I can’t work the weekend at one of my hospitals (I got that job as a hostess at a model home - pays a lot more money, but it’s only for a short while… maybe just a couple of weekends) I pick out my clothes then go coordinate hubby’s clothes and get everything ready so that he can get changed quickly when he gets home from work. He gets home at a little after 7 PM, we leave by 7:30 PM (matching nicely I must say). The party is pretty low key, not a lot of people there… but then not a lot of people left working for the company either. They have two fortune tellers and a handwriting analysts and of course I had to go to each of them! I got cool readings from both fortune tellers… looks like my love life will finally improve in the coming year. Heheheh…

Take a look at the pics:




So we leave the party about 11 PM and head home. It’s almost midnight by then. I check my messages on call notes and there’s one from Elaine at the hospital I’m ditching for the weekend, she says that the camera there is broken, a replacement camera is will be delivered to my home tomorrow. I think ‘That can’t be right… certainly she would not send some piece of equipment that costs several thousand dollars to my home without asking me if that would be OK…. That’s got to be a mistake…’ the message was left at 8 PM.

Saturday

I go to my two hospitals then head off to my other job. I’m 30 minutes late *sigh* but Nancy is fine with it. We get the model set up and she leaves. So I sit there until 5 PM when Nancy returns. It’s kind of boring but not that bad really. I did some paper work for her and a few people came by to see the houses. Before I leave, Nancy gives me the keys to the model and then says… "what if something happens to you?" I laugh then say "Like what? You mean if I get hit by a truck or something?" and laugh again (me and my smart mouth). Tell her I’ll be back at noon on Sunday and head home. I get home at 6:45 PM - hubby had told me that morning that he was going to get us tickets to Star Trek and when I got home he said we had to leave by 7:10 PM to get to the theater to meet his brother. OK, so I gulp down dinner and we head out. Hubby also told me that a package was delivered to the office from my work while he was out running errands. *sigh* I can not believe that idiot actually had that camera sent to me. By now it’s a mote point. The office is closed and won’t be open again until Monday. So we see the movie… I’m so tired I’m afraid I’ll fall asleep during the movie… but I don’t. And I really like the movie… I’ll refrain from commenting on the movie for those who are planning to see it. We get home a little after 10 PM, my phone is ringing… it’s Elaine… I don’t answer. I don’t take calls after 9:30 PM unless it’s someone I have told to call me or if it’s a family member. I don’t even worry about it.. I’m tired… really tired.. I didn’t get to bed until 2:30 AM the night before and had to be up by 6:30 AM so I needed sleep…

Sunday

I do my two hospitals. Then head home for a few minutes. Take hubby to Taco Bell for lunch, he says he’ll walk home so I don’t have to drop him off before I head off to the model home. OK great. I go up to the next light to turn around and get on central. As I’m turning some guy plows into my car. He totals my car. I’m OK, just bruised from my seat belt. OK the next comments I’m going to make are very un-PC and may sound racist… you’ve been warned… It’s a fucking foreigner - again my car gets totaled by a foreign national. He’s Indian or something and I think he was going to leave the scene of the accident at first but he fucked up his car when he hit me. He starts giving me attitude right away. I tell him "You need to go get your license and proof of insurance." He says "You should not be talking to me like that." And getting all indignant. I just repeat myself. I’m not about to debate the accident with him. I finally tell him he needs to go back to his car, the police will sort this out. A man driving a Lexus… also an Indian, starts saying that he saw the accident and it was my fault. He’s saying that he was right behind me… which is a complete lie. The police show up pretty quick, as do the ambulance, fire and wreckers. The officer takes the statement from the guy who hit me and he’s lieing about shit, saying that he was in a different lane than he was and that I didn’t have the light… total lie… I was behind someone who turned right before I did… Mr. Indian national was driving way to fucking fast and not looking. When the officer asked for his insurance I realized why he was being such and ass.. he has none (he says he ‘forgot’ his insurance card)… Great… so he gets a ticket. The police officer takes me home, he’s really nice. I ask him who will be at fault on this, he says currently it will be me since that guy was a ‘witness’ (read friend…), but I can dispute it with the insurance (if the guy does in fact have insurance) and they will do an investigation.

I call Nancy and tell her that my car is totaled and I can’t make it in. She’s concerned… then mentions what I said the day before. I laugh because of the irony… the incredible irony… (my first car got totaled after I made a remark to a friend that I wanted a new car, maybe my car would get totaled and I could get one… just days later it was hit from behind by a van and totaled). Nancy is so nice, she is going to pay me for working Sunday even though I didn’t. I’m fine except for some nasty bruises and I’m a little sore. (see pic). I made sure to move around as much as I could stand so I wouldn’t be stiff today.


yeah I know, I look pretty crappy but what do you expect.

Today…

My manager calls about the equipment, I tell here she needs to come get it. She’s pissy about it. Who cares. I don’t get paid enough to be responsible for a piece of equipment worth several thousand dollars being delivered to my house and then to have me deliver it up to the hospital. She’ll get over it.

Anyway… that’s my weekend. I’m not really all that upset about the car. I’m kind of surprised that my car is so smashed up though. I can not believe that in 3 wrecks that I have had, none of them were minor enough to drive my car away from. My husband has had I think 4 accidents in the entire time he’s been driving and none of them have been anything other than surface damage. He even got hit by a large delivery truck and all it did was mess up the passenger door.. and of course they had insurance… so the car got fixed pretty quick.

No comments: