Thursday, December 12, 2002

My Fun Day!!! I'm done bitching now...

Today I met D for lunch at the museum in down town. We had so much fun. Got yelled at by the guards (eyes rolling up in head), insulted some crappy art, took some pictures of cool things (although they didn't come out that great, couldn't use a flash in the museum) and saw great artwork... Monet & Picaso being my favorites....



Those are a couple of my favorite pictures - D in that funky chair and the Monet.

In our 3 hours at the museum I realized that there is a lot of crap that is mistaken for art. Some of the worst things I have seen were hanging on the walls. For example.. this painting was so damn ugly I had to take a picture... the picture actually does quite a bit of justice to this ... it's much worse in person...



but since it looks good in this picture, I'm sure I must come off as a complete idiot... oh well... if one is not safe to appear as an idiot in one's own home (blog) then where is one safe to do that? ;o) Anyway... seeing such crap just made me feel like I am a really good artist... I mean if this crap (and much worse crap) can be hanging in a big museum... then why can't mine! :o) hehehe... althought I doubt there will ever be an exhibit devoted to my little painted boxes (ps... the painting of The Sun is on the top of a wooden box....). Looking at some of the works by the masters did make me feel rather inferior at times though. I was in awe of some amazing paintings... I wish I knew how to paint like that. *sigh* maybe someday I'll learn to paint for real.

Well AFTER we left the museum we went to the farmers market and got tomatoes ... the absolute best tomatoes I've had in a while, squash, zuchini, an avacado, garlic, jalapeno peppers, mayhaw jelly, barbeque sauce and pickled beets... yum, yum... oh and some fruit baskets for Christmas presents. And such a good price for everything... D is far to generous.. she paid for it all. :o***

Then we stopped by Half-Price Books and wandered around in there for an hour. D saw this one sign on a shelf that was half covered so all she could read of it was 'assware'... hehehehe... It got us laughing pretty hard. D bought me a couple of books... we had a great time. I had a great day. . now I'm tired...

Off to bed!

No comments: