Saturday, January 11, 2003

How My Fun Filled Friday Went...

Today I went and trained at the new hospital I'll be working from now on. I absolutly loved it. It's really not any busier than the hospital I was working, but it has a different camera system. In talking to the weekday photographer I realized I need to switch over to the commision pay plan. I didn't realize how generous the commision is. I expected it to be a pay plan that would really screw us lowly photographers, but it's not the case. Shelly told me that many days it works out to her making $12 an hour, and some days even $21 an hour! I did the math on how much I would have made in commision today - $102 - vs what I currently get paid for todays work - $50. Shelly said that the sales in this hospital are damn good so tomorrow I will call Charlotte and tell her I want to be on commision. I'm going to have to get more organized with my paper work though, since I'll have more paperwork to keep up with when I go to commision.

No comments: