Friday, March 14, 2003

Busy Friday...

Well... not exactly, but it sounds better than 'Lazyass Friday For Me'.

Not a whole hell of a lot happened today... yesterday... well stuff happened and I was to freaking busy to write about it.

Alarming!!!

Free alarm systems are offered in the lovely townhomes that I currently reside, all you have to do is pay the city permit fee and the management will turn the alarm on for you. We opted not to do it, as we were fucking poor (were? what do you mean were? still ARE) and could not spare the permit fee. Anyway.... we have the alarm key pad next the door anyway, and last week I set it so that it would *beep,beep* when the door is open (because I have kids and need to know when the little sneaks are trying to escape). Yesterday my oldest, Super Girl was being a brat, as she often is (far to damn often) and she went to the key pad and started pushing the buttons. I told her to stop it, then went to make sure she didn't turn off the door chime. I notice the 'Armed' light was lit - which it wasn't before, I thought "That's odd, I never paid for the alarm to be activated." and I opened the door. Guess what? the alarm WAS ACTIVE!! And I didn't know the code to turn it off!! So it's blaring and I'm pushing keys to try to turn it off, Super Girl has started crying because it's so loud and I'm wondering if this is going to alert the police (wouldn't that be just my luck). I finally call the manager's office and get the answering service. They tell me they will get someone to turn it off. In the mean time I find some packing tape and put it over the alarm to kind of dull the sound a bit. It shuts off, but I notice that the red 'Active' light is still lit. DAMN. Hubby had gone to the post office to mail something for me and would be home soon. I call the office again, get the manager this time. Explain the situation AGAIN. She sends a maintenance person over. Of course as soon as Juan arrives and I open the door, the alarm goes off again. He doesn't know the code either (*sheesh* why did they send him over anyway?) after a few minutes it stops, he starts trying to disconnect the alarm, hubby arives home, opens the door - alarm is going again! Juan finally breaks the alarm so it's all peace and quiet from then on. Although I do miss the door chime... but not enough to risk that shit again!

Gumbo Night

I made hubby's favorite - chicken and sausage gumbo last night - it was perfect. (I took a picture, will post later) there is none left today. Ahhhh....




Gumbo Night... Again????

Brother in law called today and wanted hubby to help him with the install of his new DSL, since we have had ours for a while, hubby agrees. We get invited over for dinner. Brother in law made me promise not to laugh at him, because he was making cajun food (because I've been making cajun forever and mine is damn good - he was nervous I'd be a bitch about his). When we get there we see that he's making Chicken and sausage gumbo. hehehehe... Mine is better. I need to teach him how to make a roux...

Shitty Little Car

That's what the marketing pitch should be for the Geo Metro. "Geo Metro... It's a shitty little car, but it's cheap. Buy one today." We got a rent car today because our busted-ass car won't be ready yet. Sheesh... We rented something cheap - so we got the Shitty Little Car. This is BY FAR the worst car I have ever driven. It sounds like 10 angry hampsters under the hood when you accelerate, the shocks... wait... what shocks?, the steering is VERY stiff (needs power steering fluid - hubby and I had a disagreement about - he said that it didn't have power steering - guess who was wrong? hehehe), but... the breaks are good. *sigh* it's only temporary.... Could be worse I suppose.

No comments: