Saturday, March 15, 2003

My (almost) Brush With Fame

I drive the shitty little rental car to work today - ick. Still sounds like a pack of angry rodents under the hood. I get to my second hospital - and it's fucking busy. One of the weekday people came in to help me because she knew it would be very very busy (as I missed work on Friday) - and it lived up to expectations. I go into to one room to take pictures, the mom is from Quebec and has a friend there with her who is speaking French to her. I take the picture of the baby and it turns out good, she's happy. As I'm closing the sale, mom and her friend are talking about the baby's daddy and how sad it was that he had to go out of town today - but at least he gets to play tonight. So I'm just listening, but not really paying a lot of attention. Then the mom starts saying something about something being on an injured list, which peeks my curiosity so I start paying attention as I process the sale. They talk some more about the dad and playing in a game tonight, and how lucky it is the baby came a week early or daddy would have been out of town all week. OK, so I finally ask the mom what her husband does that has him out of town. She says "He's a hockey player." I'm thinking 'OMG - he's one of the Dallas Stars..." So I ask who he plays for (I guess my smart genes shut off the moment she said 'hockey player') and she says The Dallas Stars. I'm such a dork, all I can say is "I love hockey... that's cool... " I think I mumbled that I loved hockey a couple of more times. So I finished the sale and left, the mom was so very nice and appreciative of my taking such good pictures of her new baby, then I imediatly went to the phone and called my hubby - I could not even remember the player's name!! LOL - I was still just so shocked that I had taken his babies picture! I love hockey, but I never get a chance to watch it these days - the little people tend to be intolerant of any programing that is not animated and put out by either Disney or NickJr. Anyway as soon as I got hom I had to call my brother in law and tell him because he's an even bigger Stars fan than I am. hehehehe... I know, I'm a dork.

No comments: