Monday, March 17, 2003

L - I saw that about the Dixie Chicks, and I too thought it was rediculous - but not for the same reasons. I do love that being in this wonderful country we do have freedom of speech so we can criticize our president and other elected officials freely. What I find irritating is stars making politicial statements - (either pro or con what I believe - doesn't matter). Why? because most of the time they come off as incredible morons when they start spouting off on political issues - many times they appear dangerously misinformed - and they make statements that are just stupid, but many of their fans will make make political decisions based on what these people are supporting or saying, and not on the real issues that they have researched themselves. Me, I do like the Dixie chicks - love their music, but I think the lead singer was just an idiot for making that statement. Entertainers should stick to what they get paid for, entertaining, not politics. As far as people boycoting their music, well that's the great thing about this country, not only do we have freedom of speech but we also have the freedom to not listen to people we disagree with. Kind of like changing the name of 'french fries' to 'freedom fries'... hehehehe...

No comments: