Friday, March 21, 2003

L - hehehehe... I just bought a cook book. I'm a cook book fanatic. If I still had Food Network, I would spend a lot of time watching. I love cooking shows, even ones with atrocious foods that I would NEVER eat. I bought a Jewish cook book, I've needed one for a while. I always end up looking up recipes on the internet when Passover comes around - then some of the things I hate, and some I like, and the next year I can't remember or can't find the ones I like. *sigh* Anyway - I bought one. I want to find this one that is recipes from concentration camp survivors - it's nostolgic, it has memoirs in with it. I can't remember what it's called, but I really want to find it. Oh and I was all excited, because one of the books I found was the Julia Child French Cooking cook book that I have and absolutly LOVE!! - It's the 40th anniversary edition - I was tempted but resisted buying - because I already have it (my copy was my mom's - a woman who had several cookbooks but was an awful cook - I have no idea why she even had this french cook book, I doubt she EVER made anything from it).
And parsnips are fairly high in carbs - higher than carrots - at 10 g per 1/4 C.

No comments: