Wednesday, March 19, 2003

Breakfast!

I make breakfast for my kids most days, and not just a bowl of cereal with some milk splashed on it. I make them things like waffles, scrambled eggs, pancakes, cinnamon toast (not all at the same time, ya know). I do this because my girls are notorious for NOT eating their dinners. I refuse to get into arguements over food or theaten them to eat, but I don't make them anything special, so it's their choice to either eat dinner or go to bed without it. Anyway, this morning Super Girl was saying that she was hungry. I go to make them breakfast, and remember this thing I saw in a magazine about making meals cute and fun for kids. I make toast and cut circles out of them, I cook eggs in toast holes, put peanut butter on the cut out circles, make a jelly nose, raisin eyes and mouth and bananna slice ears. Then put cheese on the eggs and add bacon to the plate. The girls ate the peanut butter circle and nothing else. Grrrr.... I was so irritated, they usually eat eggs and stuff.

No comments: