Tuesday, March 18, 2003

Long Day, Icky Lunch, Surounded by Morons - Not Bad For $150!

Today I did this focus group thing - it was a mock trial - can't talk about it, confidentiality and all that crap (besides the fact that after being saturated with information on it from 8 am - 6 pm - I don't freaking want to talk about it anymore!!). It took place a little North of where I live - about 30 or so miles from me - straight shot up the freeway - in a rural area. So most of the people there were slack jawed country people (I know, bitchy of me) - hardly anyone knew what business attire is - most people showed up in jeans - one woman in a jogging suit - I show up in business wear (eh, at least I know I didn't look like a slob - unlike some people). So lunch - ick. they had sandwiches, ham, turkey and roast beef. Normally I love a good sandwich, but these sucked. They had all the stuff on them - including onions - which I hate. I took the roast beef - took off the onion and put on lots of mustard... the roast beef tasted like wet paper. Totally tasteless. I did not eat much of it. Just enough to get past the hunger. And they had potato salad with it - I do not like potato salad, and even if I did, I would not eat it on my low carb eating plan. So I did eat the marginal desert - which I know I shouldn't but I was still hungry after the two pieces of cheese off the sandwich and 3 pickle slices. After lunch, some of the people at my table were talking... sheesh... these people were the bottom of the gene pool. But all in all, it was worth it for $150.

No comments: