Monday, March 17, 2003

Wal-Mart Greeters Need Lives...

Today was Torture The Kids Day! Woohooo! So we go shopping! Can't think of a better way to torture the kids than to take them shopping. We go to Wal-Mart - the Super, Mega, Huge, Uber Wal-Mart Grocery Everything Store to get groceries and sandals for the girls. It was brutal. Super Girl was in full whine mode. She poured chocolate milk down her dress, whined the WHOLE way to the store - an absolute 10 on the Torture The Kids scale. As we are standing in line she says she has to go potty, so I take her, she decides she does not want to wear her sandals since chocolate milk spilled on them and that she suddenly does NOT have to go potty. I try to get her to go for a few minutes, then I start trying to get her to put her shoes back on - no luck. She washes her hands and out we go. Hubby is walking up right as we leave the restroom. I am very frustrated with Super Girl and am still muttering to her about putting her shoes on. He takes note of the look on my face and says "Let me guess, she didn't go did she?" I said "no, and she won't put her shoes on now”. We are starting to walk out of the store and I hear someone say "ma'am, ma'am" I turn, it's an elderly woman who works at Wal-Mart, walking up to me, she says "ma'am, she can not walk around the store with out shoes." Motioning to Super girl's bare feet. I give her a go to hell look and hold the sandals out to the woman and say, "OK, fine, why don't you convince her to put them on." She looks at me indignantly and says, "Well she's not my child." I roll my eyes at her, say "Come on Super Girl, let's go." take Super Girl's hand and walk away, her still bare footed. Sheesh! Talk about someone needing to find something to do! We were walking out of the bathroom, meeting hubby who was pushing a cart full of stuff that had just been purchased - it was quite obvious that we WERE LEAVING the store and that I was having a discussion with my husband about our bratty little child - that was the last thing I wanted or needed at that moment. Besides, I don't recall a "No Shoes, No Service" sign on the Wal-Mart door.

No comments: