Wednesday, March 19, 2003

Planting Of My Garden

Spring is here. I planted my garden... well not really a garden, just a pot with flowers in it. I'm going to plant another pot with herbs. *sigh* I'm kind of sad I can't plant a real garden this year. That has got to be one of my favorite things that I miss about my house. I loved planting my garden, then having it bloom. *sigh* I miss my gladiolas I planted the first spring and have come up every year (pink, purple and white). I miss the purple plant that I put around the tree in hopes that it would fill the flower box there, but it never did. I miss all the herbs I planted last year that I wrote the plant markers in water soluable pen so they washed off 20 minutes after I planted (it rained) and I had no freaking clue what was what. I miss obsessing over planting tulips and planning to plant the bulbs but never making it to buy bulbs in time. I miss spending the winter discussing and planning garden activitys for the spring. I miss walking trough the home and garden section to search out seeds, fertilizer, tool, etc. I even miss trying to trim my bushes and not killl them. I miss how every year by the middle of summer one of the bushes on the side of the house would die. I miss the garden spiders debates with hubby (I always wanted them to leave, he always told me to leave them alone... I never killed any, but I harassed many of them into leaveing). Anyway... Here's my little pot of flowers.

No comments: