Monday, March 17, 2003

Lessons On Safety

Last night hubby and I were teaching Super Girl how and when to use the telephone to get help. She's four years old, so she really should know how to do this. I had her get two of her toy phones and we practiced what she should say and what buttons to push. We moved on to working with hypothetical situations. I said "OK, if mommy is at work and daddy bumps his head and won't wake up, you can call and ask for help. First you need to see if you can wake up daddy, so go wake up daddy." Hubby was in the recliner pretending to be unconscious, Super Girl walked over to him and said 'daddy wake up.' I said, ‘You need to shake daddy or something to see if he'll wake up.’ She smiles then smacks her daddy.... Right in the nuts! Hubby's eyes popped open and he covered his dangly bits ‘I'm awake!’ Luckily she hadn't hit him hard, just enough to surprise the hell out of him. I was laughing, trying not to laugh - trying to teach my child a lesson in safety, hubby was laughing. And I'm saying "not like that honey - like this." (still laughing) I go to shake hubby's shoulder then he starts laughing and covers himself again. More laughing. She goes to bed shortly there after. We laugh more, he says "Yeah I can see the paramedics getting here, 'what's wrong sir?', 'ohhh my daughter hit me in the nuts - she was trying to see if I was dead.' hehehehehe.... I think I'll have to check my first aid guidebook to see if there's a section on how NOT to wake a sleeping man.

No comments: