Monday, March 17, 2003

L - good article on marriage. I don't think the statement of the article was that 'marriage sucks' (although many people's marriages do suck), I think it was 'Don't expect marriage to be a magical thing that will make 'happy'. And that is sound advice. I know of many many people who got married because they thought it would solve all their problems and they would wake up happy, happy, happy every day... and it didn't happen. The "And they lived happily ever after..." only happens in fairy tales and Disney movies. Happy marriages happen when people are happy with themselves, life and are with someone they want to be with and like to be with. And even happy marriages are not happy all the time. Marriage is a lot of work; it's so much easier to be single. I'm not knocking marriage, I like being married - even though my marriage is not the typical marriage and it's far from perfect... and ultimately we will divorce - I still like being married.

No comments: