Monday, March 10, 2003

Monday With The Sniffles

I'm coming down with a cold... which just sucks ass. I hate to be sick, especially with a cold that lingers on and on... And I'm all out of Nyquill.... time for an outing to secure important provisions! Today is my husband's first day of unemployment, he spent a couple of hours this morning looking online for work, and a friend we saw on Saturday (game night) told him about a job that is for part of a week, and is out of town, but it pays so what the hell. He' going to talk to Pete some more about the job. Luckily hubby get's a decent severage package and can collect unemployment. I'll be picking up extra days at work for a while which will help.

My boss is an imbecile. She called me last Thursday to get me to work at one of the hospitals I used to work at for Friday (not my favorite hospital to work either). So I said yes. then she asked if I could work this week at that hospital. I said not on Monday and Tuesday, I have to have time to clean my house and I'be working Wed-Fri at a different hospital. She said she would talk to someone about working for me on Wed so I could work at that hospital on Wed. OK, end of conversation. I get a call at 10:15 this morning asking me why I wasn't at that hospital. That I had said I would work M-W at that hospital. I said, no I said I couldn't work on Monday or Tuesday, I have to have time to clean my house, but said I would work Wednesday. So now she's pissed she has to find someone to cover that hospital. OH well. I couldn't be working today anyway with this cold. I can't work with babies while coughing, sneezing and with a runny nose. I'd freak if someone had come into my room to handle my baby who was obviously sick. Just need some medicine, I'll be right as rain.

Well I need to go clean up this pig sty I call home (Sheesh... why can't men clean house!!).

No comments: