Thursday, April 03, 2003

DON'T DO MY LAUNDRY!

Today I'm taking some things out of the dryer, apparently hubby decided to do a load of laundry or two. This is an extreme rarity that he does laundry and even more rare that he does laundry that isn't just towels or his underware (generally desperation drives him to the laundry room). Today (or was it yesterday... I'm not exactly sure when the washer was actually run...) I find my BEST DRY CLEAN ONLY dress in the dryer... meaning... it went through the washer first... then tumbled around getting hot in the dryer... shrinking!!! SHRINKING!!! SHIT! I am really the only person to blame on this. I tossed the dress in a basket in the laundry room after the mock jury thing. I was going to wash the dress on delicate then hang it dry. I really thought it would be safe since hubby hardly ever steps foot in the laundry room unless dire circumstances dictate (out of undies and socks). Grr.... now my favorite dress... my beautiful red dress that I've had for 5 years and only wear about twice a year has been manhandled - and I mean MAN handled! - and is more than likely TOO small... shit. The dress is part rayon so I MAY be able to sort of fix it with a steam iron, but damn... my favorite dress... Hell I wouldn't even wear this on a date because I sure as hell would not want some guy pawing all over this great dress... now it's shrank... grrr..... death to husband.... Off to make a voodoo doll of my husband.

No comments: