Wednesday, April 02, 2003

Flying Kites... SUCKS!

Today was another good day. I had this strange urge to take the little people out and fly kites with them. I had purchased 2 cheap $.99 kites at WalMart a few weeks ago and was just waiting for the weather to get nice enough (and the wind to die down a bit) to fly kites. Now let me just say that previously I had only flown a kite one time... one other time I TRIED to fly a kite for Super Girl, but it did not work out well and was just a bad bad horrible event to scare my childs psychie with - ok, slight exageration, it was to scare ME for rest of eternity. Anyway, hubby and I quickly assemble the kites and head out to the field near the town houses. Hubby just lifts the Elmo kite above his head and lets go - it's flying, soars up high and is going great. I attempt to do the same with the Barbie kite. The kite goes up for a moment, then comes back down... I try again... it makes a feeble fluttering sound before dropping to the ground. I toss the damn thing and jog a bit, it flies. It's up, flying - sort of - Then it flies over past the Elmo kite, takes a dip and flips around the kite string! Damn! I start pulling the kite string to bring it down, it starts flipping around Elmo's string - over and over... As it's coming down. Elmo keeps flying. I get Barbie within reach and start untangling.... I end up having to snap the line because it's to damn tangled.. but Elmo keeps flying! Grrr... I retie Barbie's string, move further away from hubby and get Barbie back up in the air. As soon as Barbie is flying, hand the string off to Super Girl and reach for my camera to take a picture, at that very moment the string breaks. Barbie flies a little bit, then plunges to the ground. I take off running to get the kite, everytime I get close the wind blows it further away. After a short while I think to myself "what the heck am I doing? Why am I chasing after a stupid $.99 kite! I'm not getting run over for that!" the kite fluttered off into the street then further off to where I couldn't see it. Super Girl was not happy that I didn't get the stupid kite - but life goes on. Elmo still flew. I sat down on the ground with Cabbage Patch and put flowers in her hair and took pictures, Super Girl held the string for Elmo. When it was time to go and pull Elmo in, I started to help, as soon as I pulled the string on Elmo, he PLUMMETED to the ground! Heck - I'm cursed - Kite Cursed. I'm not sure if this is a bad thing, and I'm not sure who would think to put such a curse on me... I might have to make a voodoo paper doll of them (such a lame curse doesn't deserve the time and effort of a real voodoo doll...) Here is a picture of Elmo flying, then a picture of my first kite disaster


And here are some of the flower pictures I took:


The wind was blowing pretty hard so it was hard to get really good focus on the flowers at times... that and 2 kids climbing on me. hehehehe...

No comments: