Tuesday, April 01, 2003

What a good day!!

I started my day off with a mad dash down to my orthodontist to get my braces tightened. I had made a calculated error when I made my appointment at my last torture session... I mean tightening... I had set my appointment for 8:30 am, meaning I would have to drive in rush hour traffic, something I dread just on a normal basis but having a car with a radiator issue it is sheer terror. As I approached the freeway my worst fears were confirmed, there was some kind of freaking accident on the highway backing it up way past my point of entry, so I'd need to take the alternate road. OK, fine, I head over, as I am driving I notice that my car has gotten hotter than it usually does... hubby drove the car to downtown Dallas yesterday for an interview and he said it over heated on the way back... apparently it decided to keep this disposition. So I drive there, sweating out the red lights (literally) watching my temperature gage go past the L in NORMAL and head for the red patch indicating HOT (which really means OVER HEATED Stop The Damn Car!). I got lucky most of the way there hitting mostly green lights, keeping the car at a pretty constant 45 mph, which helped to bring the temp down to the A and sometimes the M, but still running much hotter than usual - every time I hit a red light I prayed it would turn green fast. I get to the ortho right on time (surprising me). As I wait one of the front desk people comes back to ask if I'm the one with the Taurus - yes I am - and informs me that it's smoking, I correct her, It's steam and yes I know, thank you, it's just to hot. Sheesh... On to the fun, more wires, tools and hands in my mouth for the next hour. When it's all done, I think I have maybe one more adjustment then I'll be braceless... yes!! OK, so I head home again watching the temperature soar even though I take the now cleared freeway. The constant 70 mph does help to keep it a little bit cooler, but not by much. I get home, and for some bizarre reason I'm in a really good mood - must be me feeling better. I inform hubby that we are going for a walk - gotta take some things to the post office anyway. It's windy, windy, windy here today. I had to stop every few moments to rearrange my hair out of my face - I really should have put a clip in it, I kept having it wrap around my head and all.. ick. So we go to the post office, I learn that mail to Canada is NOT considered DOMESTIC mail, so I can not use a priority mail envelope. *sigh* A Global Priority Mail envelope would have wracked up a postage cost of $7!! YIKES! No way! So the postal guy feels sorry for me, get's me a padded envelope to put my mail in and air mail comes to a whopping $1.35 - hey that's actually a better deal than priority mail ($3.85). We leave there and take the kids to CiCi's for a 'scrumptious' lunch. Nothing like cheap pizza - and all you can eat at that. We stop off at the grocery store on the way home for a few things then walk home, this time the wind is hitting us right in the face, the little people were hilarious. They both were in the stroller and by the time we got within 2 blocks of home they both were lying back in the stroller with their eyes closed. hehehehe... I told hubby he could push the stroller at that point, it was getting quite a work out from pushing two kids against the wind (hmmmm... that reminds me of a song....). Back home, it was nap time... for EVERYONE! YAY. I head off to nap land but wake shortly - heartburn, uggh... thanks CiCi's for that wonder re-run on the pizza. When the little people wake I ask Super Girl what she wants to do 1) paint 2) make cookies 3) plant seeds. Before I can get all three choices out she is saying paint, but when I say plant seeds, she can hardly contain herself. We plant the vegitable seeds in the kitchen in tiny containers I am going to put them in a container outside when they sprout. She was thrilled to help. Then we sat at the table and painted with her water colors. I started getting silly with her as we painted after I saw some paint smears on some of the papers. Her little hands were covered in various paints and when she touched the paper she left two multi-colored hand prints. So I took her hands and painted them then pressed them to paper. It was so pretty! I did it 4 or 5 more times with different patterns - Super Girl was so tickle by it. I'm going to use the hand prints to make Easter Cards, they are so darn pretty. I'll post pictures later. By the time we finished painting it was after 6 pm! I was hungry so I begged hubby to make dinner, he made steak - YUM - my last solid meal for a bit since my teeth will be sore for a week. *sigh* that steak was gooooooood... mmmmm.. After dinner I had to dunk the little people in the bath tub for a quick scrub - I looked at Super Girl and saw that she had many, many multi colored patches on her legs and hands and spots of color on her cute little face. hehehehe... so cute. Then we finished the evening by watching Power Puff girls. *sigh* now it's over. What a great day. :o)

No comments: