Friday, April 04, 2003

SPIKE GETS A NEW HOME!

No no I didn't get rid of Spike. My sister gave me her unused 10 gallon fish tank. I set it up today after the little people got up from naps. Hubby bought a filter and an air pump attachment. I scrubbed out the tank and washed off all the rocks. Now it's up on the bar waiting for the end of next week when Spike can be transfered over to the big tank, then the new fish will join shortly after. I wasn't sure what to do as far as setting up the tank but thankfully there is an endless supply of information on the internet. All I had to do was clean out the tank, fill with water, hook up filter and air pump, wait a week, add fish. A lot eaiser than I anticipated. Super Girl is upset about the tank though, I was filling the new tank and she said "Hurry mommy! Spike is going to die!" hehehehe... I had to explain to her that Spike is fine, he won't die. Now she keeps asking when can she put Spike in the new tank. She has no concept of waiting a week - hell she has no concept of waiting period. She's so funny. I still have to get a lid and a light for the tank but I have a week for that. I'm not sure if I'm going to get live plants to go in the tank or not... It's a definite maybe. I've heard they can make the tank get dirty faster, and quite frankly I don't want to have to be cleaning the tank a lot. I know that sounds lazy, but fish are supposed to be one of thoes super easy low maintenance pets and that's how I want it. I'm excited about the tank though, can't wait to have a fish swimming around in there. :o)

No comments: