Wednesday, May 21, 2003

L- YIKES! ICK! BLECK! Spider!!! EEEEEEEWWWWWWW!!!! (doing the crazy scary spider dance) Did you actually take a picture of the horrid spider that was stalking you and hiding under your bed just waiting to pounce on you when you least expect it and are most vunerable? (can you tell I don't like spiders?) If you did - EEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!! If that's an actual pic of your spider, it's not a brown recluse (I didn't think they hung out in SF) - wrong shape. Could be a black widow, but not totally likely as they (and the br) are spiders that like to be in dark hiding places like dark garages, under rocks, in wood piles - also BW are web spiders and generally stay on thier webs. At least that what I was told in my Red Cross First aid class. Even knowing all that... I'd still check that bastard out to make sure it's not something more horrible than a garden spider (which I still find vile). In fact I've looked up spiders after killing then in my home just be be sure it wasn't a BR hanging out, getting ready to colonize my home and kill me in my sleep. (note: BR also like to hide in closets and clothes... my nephew got bit twice last year - two bites on his stomach - the little blighter was probably in his clothes or sheets when he went to bed - he got pretty damn sick from the bites) Anyway good luck in identifying your icky intruder - I'm glad I'm not the only one who will spray a spider with hairspray (I'll actually spray then with anything I can reach until they stop moving - I don't care what it is just as long as they stop moving long enough for me to smack it repeatedly with a big shoe).

A - don't mention anything about accumulating bad karma for killing the spiders. ;o)

No comments: