Sunday, September 12, 2004

Celebration For A Drag Queen

I'm going to write about the party first as it will help to get my mind off the blood pressure raising extreemly stressful grocery shopping trip this evening that took 2 fucking hours and an extreem amount of control on my part to keep from killing people (K for one and the ever so cheery checker girl). Thankfully I bought two bottles of cheap wine which is helping to make the rest of this night bearable.

The sorie. It was scheduled to start at 5 pm. I arrived home about 3:30 pm or 4 pm. This meant that I had no time to nap after (which is just about the one thing I look forward to most on the weekends... What? I like a good nap. I preffer a good nap after fabulous sex but XXX doesn't live here. *sigh* See why I call it a karmically challenged life?) work, K had secured child care (Petey had shanghi'd his youngest sister into agreeing to sit on the children for the evening).

We arrived at the party about 6 pm. This was the Queen's 30th birthday (fuck! Is EVERYONE in the freaking gaming group YOUNGER than ME now??? I mean except K and Mrs. S's Husband), several members of his family including the woman responsible for birthing him 30 years ago (she's very nice, she makes queso... mmmmm... cheese...). Mystical D had set out an impressive and tasty array of nibbles which I headed straight for as I was hungry having hot had a moment to eat lunch at the hospital. It's a good thing I ate then. Petey arrived shortly after we did and engaged in a few heated political conversations with K and B to which I wandered off to chat with the girls.

With any party that I attend that involves Petey it always involves drinking. Petey is my drinking buddy. Our quest for inebreiation started with coconut rum and coke. mmmmm... coconut rum.

Eventually the party moved into the livingroom where people were torturing themselves with a Patrick Swazie move - 'Ghost'. It's not as bad as MOST of his movies, but still painful on many levels. Second drink - something tangy and limony-limey. After the movie somehow Petey gained control of ''THE REMOTE" and we were forced to watch sharkes. I wasn't tracking to well on that. I get bored when there's too much talking and not enough limbs being ripped off. Giggles and The Postman were at the party - both expressed their remorse for having ditched my birthday party due to The Postman having chosen THAT day to propose to Giggles. *sigh* Men. I admonished The Postman for his poor planning but forgave them the mortal sin (I am a saint after all, must pardon thoes who are deserving).

The next drink was either a coke and something mix or the coffe mix. I forget. Someone put on my FAVORITE Star Trek movie the Wrath Of Khan - Now it's not like I'm some kind of Trek Geek (K just keep your trap shut on this one), I honestly don't even recognize this movie until I see the man with the most faboulous pecs - Ricardo Montalban .

Soon it was time to go and I had just started my last drink. A tangy limey thing that I chugged before flashing the crowd and leaving.

It was a most fun party, I wish I could have stayed longer and been the last remaining obnoxious drunk, but alas it was not to be, I had to work Sunday morning.

Happy birthday Bill.

No comments: