Monday, September 13, 2004

Wash, Rinse, Repeat, Repeat, Repeat...


I made a HUGE mistake today (as you can see). I was looking at the photos from the party this past Saturday night and thinking that my hair was looking a bit faded. I figured I'd get a semi-permanent color to refresh the color. I considered getting a Henna pack and doing that but haven't gone to the beauty supply recently so I got a semi-permanent color from the store. Big mistake. I have been using professional color (the same one) for the past 16 years. I should not have trusted L'oreal. Now my hair is a dark PLUM color. Not RED as the box (and pictures on the box implied). The box said the color would be "Intense Auburn Red" and that it would not lighten hair. No ammonia and that it's gentle and would last up to 28 shampoos. I figured it was temporary and at worst (as implied from the pictures) it would just come out as a very intense red. Not so. It was nearly BLACK at first. Now after about 8-10 shampooings it's this dark color. It's creepy. I look like a vampire. I did the Goth thing back in high school, I'm so over it. I want my red back.

Ya know what sucks the most about this? I need to go get a replacement drivers license this week. I really don't want THIS hair color in the photo. So about 20 more shampoos and hopefully I'll look normal.

No comments: