Friday, September 17, 2004

Gerbil Ball


Tonight we bought Bea a little ball to get her exercise in. The cats are sitting there watching Bea like a redneck watching Nascar. I don't think Bea appareciates the ball or the fact that it rolls every time she tries to get anywhere. Sunshine is trying to be very casual about it yet she hasn't taken her eyes off the ball containing Bea since I set it down in the base.

(imaginary) conversation with Sunshine:
Me: So, what do you think?
Sun: Is that a crunchy shell for a tasty morsel?
Me: NO. It's an exercise ball for Bea.
Sun: That's what I said.
Me: *rolling eyes*
Dusty: *batting at ball casually* Captain! Seems to be an impenetrable force field around the cat food!
Me: *sigh* It's a gerbil, it's NOT FOOD - it's a PET.
Sun: heh, that's funny. You're kidding right? Cats are pets, everything else is either cat food or a nusance.
Me: It's a pet.
Sun: Food. You're saving it for yourself aren't you? That's cool, you did catch it. I totally understand playing with your food before you kill it, but if you wait to long with this kind of food, it get's all tough.
Me: I'm NOT going to eat my gerbil!
Sun: Can I then?
Me: Fuck you cat.

No comments: