Friday, August 16, 2002

Gosh L - that shark education page was killing me. hehehehe.. Did you know that a shark can turn it's stomach inside out? So in a particularly interesting feeding frenzy, it get's totally full but wants to continue to enjoy it's self in the eating orgy it can turn it's stomach inside out and then continue eating. Not just vomit, but turn one's somach out of it's body and empty it... that's taking bulimia to extremes though.... I wonder if super models can do that.

So I waxed last night. Not poetic or anything like that... I waxed my unwanted, unnecessairy and vile hair that grows in places it shouldn't. My oldest is very funny when I do this. One time I was ripping one of the strips off my body and she said "Does it hurt?" I think she asked because the face I was making as I got ready to pull the strip. Not wanting to lie, I said "A little bit." (Ok so I did lie some, I didn't want to say, 'Yes honey, it hurts like hell, but it stays smooth for about a month and mommy looks bad with stubble') as I prepared to rip the other strip from my body, she said "Say 'Oww!'" and made a motion like she was ripping the strip off. I nearly fell on the floor laughing. Ahhh... I just pray that my genetic contribution to her make up does not include my 'hairyness' gene. This was one of the BIG reasons I prayed for a boy for both of my pregnancies. I didn't want to be blamed for this when my daughters hit adolesence (it's bad enough I'll have to take the blame for big thighs and celulite since science has determined that that is largely determined by genetics). I guess I'll just have to prepare myself for that little talk about the facts of life. I'll go buy her a waxing kit of her own, a pair of good tweezers and a hand mirror. Then I'll explain that it's time to start waxing, she'll thank me later for this, as a career in a side show as the bearded lady is nothing to shoot for, and men generally don't like women to have more chest hair than they have. I'll appologize for the DNA that I passed to her then promise that I'll make it up to her with a trip to the mall when the redness fades.

Ahhhh tonight is enchaladas and Blockbuster movies. Nothing scary this week. I had a nightmare after watching The Others last week. Eeep! That one stayed in my subconcious for a while! After the movie we talked about ghosts and stuff. I talked to him about how my dearly departed cat Sinnamon didn't visit me anymore since we moved here, and he gave me an answer that seemed logical and made me feel better. He was probably just blowing smoke up my ass to make me feel better about it since I was bothered that Sinnamon was gone. But hey, he made me feel better right then. What a guy ;o)

No comments: