Thursday, February 27, 2003

Can Someone Get Me A Drink To Wash Down This Foot?

L, hehehehe... one of my amazing super powers - the ability to say things to offend with out even trying. ;o) (ask my in-laws about that one). I'm quite certain that if you did call in because you didn't feel up to work, you would not have made it public that it was because you started your period. And... you didn't call in, because you have WORK to do, and know that this is just a temporary state of being. My reference are to the women who feel that their menstrual cycle should be public knowledge and that should give them a certain amount of perks and leeway in life. I worked at H&RBlock with a woman who called in EVERY month. Used to piss me off, I wanted to tell her to take a Midol and get her lazy ass into work. (granted, I do know of people who had horrible horrible cycles, but the vast majority of women don't.) I know I sound like a total bitch, and maybe a bit misogynistic myself, I just hate women who use excuses and play stupid or play the victim to get special treatment.

No comments: