Thursday, February 27, 2003

No, I'm GODZILLA!

L, that was so funny... made me think back to my days of underappreciated administrative worker. I once had a boss who refused to read directions on ANYTHING. If he needed to microwave his frozen dinner, he either asked someone to tell him for how long or he just randomly set the time. Another boss had NO freaking clue how to send a fax. One day he came into my office (where the fax machine was) and stood there stareing at the fax machine for a few minutes before I realized he was trying to figure out how to do it. I tried to show him how, but I was far to amused by his ineptitude to do it effectivly and end it with "This is why I work here, just let me do it." One did NOT understand the intercom - I would buzz him and announce that he had a call, if he said anything I could hear him since the line was open, but he didn't understand that. If he had anything to ask, he'd come all the way to my desk to ask me. I tried to explain, but he didn't get it. Or how to transfer a call either... again he'd come down the hall and tell me that line 3 needed to be transfered to whome ever. But the copier thing today in your work place, that's a classic. hehehehe... Someone said "People always rise to their level of incompetance." I guess that's true in their case.

No comments: