Wednesday, January 29, 2003

Flashback to the 70's

Looking at the furniture on that sight (and laughing) brought back nostalgic memories from growing up. The big ugly brown and black plaid sofa with wood accents and the matching table/bench, the lovely formica table with vinyl chairs for the kitchen, the shades of brown and orange everyone decorated in. And our very favorite... the flocked wallpaper! Yes, really that was our favorite of all. The tacky wallpaper with the fuzzy designs, that felt kind of velvety. All older people seemed to have at least a room or a hall done in that wallpaper (always in an beige or gold color). I was probably one of the tackiest things you could put in your home, but as I child - I loved that! I loved to touch it! I could stand in one place and pet the wall for an hour if they would let me... which they never did... adults always got pissed about kids touching the fuzzy wallpaper. Something about grubby little fingers leaving marks and rubbing the fuzz off in places... Whatever! If they didn't want us to TOUCH it then they should not have put it up! I'm going to have to look for some of that wallpaper... maybe cover a box with it for hubby for his birthday. hehehe...

No comments: