Wednesday, January 29, 2003

Retro Furniture Channeling

My hubby went to a political party meeting on Monday night (he wants to be more politically active, poor man), and one of the people there gave him their card. Their business is furniture - 'Classic Modern Furnishings' as they say on their card. It's furniture mostly form the 50's, 60's and 70's, that has been refinished and refurbished and is being sold for big bucks. I guess this is trendy now, to have furniture from this era - not my style (I perfer French Provencial). So we are looking at this stuff and I start telling hubby "Oh I can see that table, with a bong on it right there, ashtrays there, there, there and there... 4 or 5 hippies sitting around it discussing politics and how to save the earth, but no one with remember it later..... oh and this one, I see nice earthy coasters on the table, with matching coffee cups on them, a small floral center piece in the middle, 4 or 5 earthy-tree-huggers sitting around discussing how to save the enviroment." Hubby starts laughing, saying I'm furniture channeling! I should do that at psychic shows!

No comments: