Monday, January 27, 2003

Monday Morning Mission (judys answers)

1. Do you care for poetry? Do you have a favorite poem? Care to share some of it?
Poetry is not my favorite type of literature. I do like poetry by Edgar Allen Poe, Shakespear and some by Lord Byron. My favorite poem is She Walks In Beauty by Byron
She walks in beauty, like the night
Of cloudless climes and starry skies;
And all that's best of dark and bright
Meet in her aspect and her eyes;
Thus mellowed to that tender light
which heaven to gaudy day denies.

One shade the more, one ray the less,
Had half impaired the nameless grace
Which waves in every raven tress,
Or softly lightens o'er her face;
Where thoughts serenely sweet express
How pure, how dear their dwelling place.

And on that cheek, and o'er that brow,
so soft, so calm, yet eloquent,
The smiles that win, the tints that glow,
But tell of days in goodness spent,
A mind at peace with all below,
A heart whose love is innocent!


2. What does it take to "rock your world?"
Depends on what exactly you mean by "rock your world"... I mean a fifth of Tequila will rock my world, really great sex will rock my world, lots of money will rock my world.... question is to damn vague...

3. Have you ever done anything that landed you in financial trouble? Has somebody else's action ever caused you financial ruin? What happened?

Yes and yes... and it put me in debt, that's what happened!

4. Take a stroll down memory lane. There is a song, that every time you hear it, you think of this one person. What's the song, who is the person, and what memories does it conjure up?

Yeah... Stairway To Heaven reminds me of the idiot boyfriend I had when I was 16... the memories are of what an idiot he turned out to be ... and oh yeah and how he also decided to come out of the closet after I dumped him.If I had $1000000 always makes me think of my husband when we were dating. That old Carpenters song that goes "On the day that you were born the angels got together...." always makes me think of locust - and my sister (no not together - she just loves that song) and her singing that to me on my birthday every year.

5. I've never cared for football, it was never on in the house growing up and I never developed a "taste" for it. But I've always felt like I "should" enjoy it, that I was deficient in some way because I never get excited about things like the Super Bowl (except for the commercials). Are there any occasions when you feel like you are missing out on something that everyone else seems to enjoy?
Ummm yeah.

6. A few of the phrases that get under my skin are "take it to the next level" (which was used when I was told why I was being replaced at Fox by someone who could do that) and "you just don't get it" (always popular in relationship fights). What phrases "push your buttons" and why?
'Huh?' is one that makes me want to scream, 'irregardles' is another one... there are more... can't think of them now.

7. Do you believe in life after death? What do you believe happens when our time is up?

Hmmm.. I belive there is something after death... I do belive in the concept of heaven, but I also belive in ghosts... but I really don't know what happens after death. I guess I'll find out for myself some day.

No comments: