Thursday, January 30, 2003

My Adventures With D and The Masked Banditos!

Thursday started out much as any other Thursday. I was tired didn’t want to get out of bed. After smacking the snooze button for the 20th time, I stumbled out of bed and rushed to get ready. The shower was cold… cold as day old coffee left in the cup, but a real eye opener none the less. Damn that husband of mine for taking his shower first. After testing the waters I opted not to wash my hair, it wasn’t going to make much difference today what with the humidity so damn high, I was going to look like a poodle with it’s tail caught in an electric outlet. We rushed out of here a little early, but still got held up in traffic – why are there only accidents on Thursdays. We made it to our appointment right on time and everything went as usual. Same time next week. Hubby and I parted ways as I met up with D and the little people… that’s were normal became abnormal.

D took us on a winding adventure at high speeds to a little known location to get the obscure papers I needed for tomorrow nights activities. Upon arriving at the location, we stopped in a little eatery for some of the local cuisine. It was the same place we dined last time so I ordered the same thing I had before – Chow Fun Combination.


Here is a picture of me, D and the little people*

Before lunch arrived, we snapped a few other pictures to document our time there.


Here are pictures of me and D, trying to look all GQ.

When our food arrived I discovered that this was not what I had ordered before. Apparently I had only thought I had FUN the time before, but in fact I had not. Though a surprise for me, it was quite tasty.

Off we went in search of the items I needed. We passed a food stand with local delicacies on display… I’m sure they are tasty, but I just can’t bring myself to eat anything that is still able to look at me.



Another interesting item we saw was this:


Ahhh… a roasted pig with everything still there – hooves and all! What more could one want for a fancy dinner party… or for the Chinese New Year… which after all was why we were out shopping… supplies for the festivities. (no I did not purchase the pig. I am cooking a duck)

After the purchase of many festive and colorful decorations and some yummy noodles, D surprised me by shuttling myself and the little people over to another store.

Part way through our pursuing the store, I turned to see this:


The little people had apparently decided to turn to a life a crime! I was in utter shock and dismay! It was absolute pandemonium in the store! People were shocked and appalled that two people, who were so little would go bad. We rushed out of the store after narrowly escaping the manager. We decided to keep things on the low-low until things cooled off. (what really happened: D put the ski mask on the little people, which amused us way to much, we got hassled by the manager of the dollar store for taking pictures in there {eyes rolling up in head}, we left and the little people got naps. ;)

There it is… my excitement.

No comments: